Getting starting with any new technology is a challenge. This session is for the new or experienced developer that is jumping into Drupal for the first time. We cover the steps for installing Drupal on a local machine, the components of a Drupal website and key concepts to get moving.
- thing you need
- basic steps
- Functionality - Modules (Core and contributed)
- Visual Layout - Theme
- Content Types, Nodes
- Blocks, Menus and Taxonomy
- What you get out of the box
- Choosing a theme or distribution
- Types features and modules to start with
Resources - where to get help.